Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wanna get high?

As I was preparing to shut down for the evening after that last post, I got an unexpected IM from one of the few people who seems to know the invisibility trick in GChat. She's somebody I care about, who you won't be hearing about on these pages. She's having roommate issues and needed to vent (was hoping that would turn into her asking to come over here for the night, but alas, it wasn't meant to be). Now I'm back awake, so I figured one more quick little ditty before trying (again) to go to sleep.

This was a few weeks ago...on a gorgeous Wednesday night. We had been chatting and emailing back and forth for a good week and a half before date night. It turned out she lives a block away from me, making it even better. The conversation was alright, but I could tell she wasn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Nevertheless, she was cute, pretty funny and seemed to have a good personality, so I gave it a shot. She shot down each of my first 4 bar suggestions, and we finally settled on a little outdoor spot about 8 blocks from our respective residences. I had known this place was there (as a lunch spot) but never knew they served alcohol. It was cute...good drinks and an absolutely beautiful evening. I was on my third vodka, she was on her second glass of wine. The conversation was decent, albeit not mind blowing. She was definitely cute, but a bit of a chain smoker and had a slight potty mouth. It was getting close to last call, when she decided she had to go to the bathroom. Now, this being an outdoor cafe, I didn't expect them to have one, but they did...or so we thought. She was gone for maybe 40 seconds when she came back and told me that it was "a disgusting fucking outhouse with no lights and a serial killer under the sink." I assumed that meant it was time to go and asked for the check. While we were waiting, she stared drunkenly at me and said "you're kinda hot...want to come back to my place and get high?" Now, we had never discussed drug habits before, and although I'm not against the occasional binger (my last one was about 8 years ago), I thought that was a little strange for a first date invitation. I told her I'd like to walk her home and I'd think about it on the way (didn't want to be a dickhead despite having already made up my mind). We got about a block from her apartment and she drove the final nail in the coffin of this date, saying, "Have you made up your mind about the weed yet? I've really got to pee."

I stopped in front of her building long enough to say goodbye before running home...

No comments: